Monday, February 29, 2016

Free Tickets!

I bet I got your attention with that one.  Much to your dismay, I am not giving anything away, but simply wanted to give a shout out to one of Mrs. Re-Dan-imation's co-workers for providing us with some extra tickets to the Boat, Sport, and Travel show.  We were able to head down there Saturday evening and had a nice time walking around and looking at things we can't afford.  Everybody loves doing that sometime.

Last week, I was quite diligent about monitoring my food intake.  Although I monitored it, I did simply watch it go over the recommendation a couple days.  It didn't turn out terrible though.  I finished 2 and a half of my workouts this week.  My Wednesday and Thursday workouts went quite well.  Sunday's workout was either supposed to be a 10K race or a 1:40 run at varied paces.  So my plan was to complete my only little 10K race against myself.  It was also my goal to do it with negative splits showing that I could increase a tenth of a mile an hour each mile.  I made it four miles before my legs were dying underneath me.  Instead of pushing myself to an injury, I decided to call it at this point and hit the showers.  I wasn't too disappointed in myself.  I definitely pushed myself during these miles.  It may not have helped that I did this run fairly far into the evening and had already eaten dinner.  Mrs. Re-Dan-imation has still been killing it with her workouts and again completed all of her couch to 5K runs this week.

You would think that walking around the State Fairgrounds at the Boat, Sport, and Travel show would have yielded more than a few steps, but I didn't manage to even meet my daily goal after headed there on Saturday.  We did make a stop at Steak N' Shake on the way home at the request for a milkshake from the Mrs.  I have to admit, the idea sounded pretty good to me too.

We have also been working on getting people signed up for the Frankfort Indiana Jaycees 2016 Spaghetti Run 5K/10K.  If you want to be a part of this event you can sign up here at this link.  www.getmeregistered.com/SpaghettiRun2016.  The prices are $24 for adults and $15 for kids 12 and under.  Register by March 29 to guarantee yourself a run shirt.  If you read this blog you will be the first people to see the shirt design as it will be released on the Jaycees Facebook page this week.

After this week, I wasn't sure what I would see on the scale this week.  I stood there this morning and saw 263.3 lbs.  That's a drop of 0.3 lbs from last week.  It's not Earth shattering, but it is again in the right direction.  I will continue to be consistent in my calorie monitoring and do my best to finish all three workouts this week.  Hopefully next week we will see another drop.  Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment