Monday, February 8, 2016

Time to Sleep On It

Well, here I am again after having been sick another week and having spent that week not on the treadmill.  I have had a nasty sore throat and cough that finally made its way into me lungs this past week and breathing hard on the treadmill would have been impossible.  I ran through the sore throat last week, but the hacking this week wasn't gonna happen.

However, I did make it a point to get as much sleep as I could to try and help the healing process.  This mixed with the cold medicine I was taking resulting in some nights of pretty sound sleeping.  This weekend, I could tell that it was starting to clear up and although my throat is still a little raw, I am definitely feeling better.

My best surprise happened when I stepped on the scale this morning.  It turns out that all the sleep I got allowed my body to normalize and I have returned basically to my lowest point weight wise.  I hopped on this morning and saw 260.3 lbs.  That a drop of 2.9 pounds from last week!!  I know right...who would have expected that.  It just goes to show the value of sleep.  It probably didn't hurt that I had salad for lunch two days last week as well.

This may have been one of my shortest posts, but to be honest the only thing I really have to share was my surprise weight loss for the week and the fact that I didn't work out last week.  By the way, Mrs. Re-Dan-imation has been doing GREAT on her Couch 2 5K and hasn't missed a single workout!

Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment