Monday, February 1, 2016

Coming to a Realization

January has been an interesting month to say the least.  Over the past month I have maintained within 5 pounds of my weight at the beginning of the month.  I have taken ownership of a treadmill.  I have been sick enough to stay home from work for a day.  I have managed to stay relatively close to my training plan and I have tracked every step of mileage I have accrued this month.  I have witnessed my wife begin to improve her running prowess and have celebrated that she hasn't strayed from her plan even once.

I have completely lost track of my eating.  I have snacked in the evening. I have eaten fast food too often and over indulged at sit down restaurants.  I have been down on myself.  I have skipped two training runs.

I HAVE ENJOYED MYSELF THIS MONTH!

I'm gonna be honest.  I know the past month has not been my best regarding my diet.  However, what I have done over the past month is truly not worry about it.  I know that sounds bad, but I think i needed a recharge regarding the diet.  I think I needed to see that scale creep up a bit.  I think I needed Mrs. Re-Dan-imation to pester me about whether or not I have entered my food into my phone.

I have realized that this month has not been the end of the world.  My training has been going great.  I ran just over 35 miles on the treadmill this month including 90 minutes last night (with an unexpected break in the middle for a bathroom break) resulting in a one day total of just over 6 miles.  My endurance has improved by leaps and bounds...even though my speed still is just over a sloth falling gracefully out of a tree.
It is now February, the month of love...right?  Time to reawaken my love of my health data.  Time to monitor my calories better.  Time to continue improving my training.  Time to continue cheering on my wife in her efforts.

With the realization, I provide you with one more.  Apparently my weight last week was correct.  Today, I stepped on the scale and saw 263.1 lbs.  That puts me down somewhere over 2.5 pounds from last week.  I'll take it.  Now I need to make my way back below 260 and head closer to those lower 200s.  I'll get there.  I know it.  Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment