Monday, January 25, 2016

Cabin in the Woods

This week, I was completely focused on the upcoming weekend.  A few college buddies and myself were heading to Brown County to celebrate a birthday with a weekend away.  The birthday boy decided he wanted to spend a couple nights in a cabin in the woods and just hang out.  So, that's exactly what we did.

However, I still had to get in my workouts.  I made it through my Wednesday pace workout just fine.  I did try to push myself a little during this one.  Thursday, I could tell I was a little sore, but my legs still felt good to go.  This was an "easy" workout so I took it easy and got going.  About halfway through I could tell that my dinner was catching up with me as I tend do do most of my workouts in the evening.  My stomach started to cramp and I decided to call it there rather than make it worse.  I could run through a side stitch, but this was beginning to get a little worse than that so I decided to listen to my body.

Friday, I spent the day getting ready to head down to Brown County to check in to the cabin.  We rented the home through Hills O' Brown.  If you have ever rented a cabin around the Nashville, IN area, you have probably gone through them.  The cabin was great!  We stayed at the hilltop hideaway and enjoyed every minute.  We basically sent ourselves back to college.  Saturday we drove into Bloomington and went bowling and the rest of the time we spent hanging around the cabin and playing video games.  It was a fun time.

I got home on Sunday and needed to change the battery in Mrs. Re-Dan-imation's (she got all of her workouts in this week by the way) vehicle as it had finally kicked the bucket.  It lasted about 7 years.  Not too shabby.  After doing that, and eating dinner, I spent the remainder of the evening watching football and planning on catching up on some sleep.

This morning I woke up and found that I felt a little more rested.  I got on the scale and well let's just say I am beginning to lose faith in its accurate measurements.  Most days I get on the scale and get a few different weights and I go until one repeats itself.  This morning I only stepped twice and it said that I gained over 4 pounds.  I have quite a hard time believing that!  So, for this week I am going to forgo the actual weight portion and just go with how I feel.  I will be getting my workouts in and constantly improving my fitness.  I can feel myself getting stronger during my runs and I am looking forward to more of that.  With that said...Until next week.  Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment