Monday, May 30, 2016

Getting my Carb Fix!

This week provided me with my "final" work days of the year.  I managed to scan 11,000 books (with a little help from Mrs. Re-Dan-imation) and get all of my end of year items finished up.  Then the fun began.  Here's how it went down.

Thursday, although it was the first day out of school, I got to play a round of golf with the guys from the school building.  One of them had either never played before, or it had been easily 10 years since he last played.  Either way, it was fun to get him out on the course.  It was more fun to enjoy all of the laughs and the GREAT weather.  We were originally worried we were going to get rained out, but instead we played the round almost entirely under a nice cloud cover that kept the heat in check.  I won't reveal scores, but it definitely wasn't my greatest round.


Friday...a day I had been looking forward to since the determination that no additional school days were required.  That's right.....I WENT TO CARB DAY!!!  This is my first experience at Carb Day, or at least that I can remember (<--not intended as a joke).  I woke up at normal school time and headed down to Indy to gather with friends before hopping in an Uber to head to the track.  We had a FANTASTIC time.  I mean what can go wrong at what is essentially a gigantic tailgate party with screaming engines surrounding you and Journey playing to finish out the day?  I ate way to much, drank a fair amount, and had a ton of fun.  I managed to take enough precautions to not get a single hint of a sunburn and didn't drink too much and make a fool of myself.  I got to catch a few of the practice laps from inside turn 3 (see below).  I also did a fair bit of walking.

Saturday was a recovery day.  I stayed around the house for a good portion of the day while the Mrs. went to a few graduation open houses.  She enjoyed some food and company and I enjoyed some piece and quiet.  In the evening we caught up with some friends on the driveway and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
Check out my Brother in-laws sweet Indiana State custom corn-hole boards!

Sunday was basically our Memorial Day celebration.  We went to my in-laws and watched the Indy 500 on their nice BIG tv.  We again got to enjoy the weather, play some corn hole, visit with other friends, watch the friends' kids splash in the kiddie pool and have a great time.  We ended the evening with some time by the fire pit and then headed home.

As you may have been able to tell, running was not it my plans this week.  I am actually ok with it.  I HAD to get some things done at school and needed to enjoy these first few days of relaxation.  As for all the crap I ate over the weekend, I had only gained 1.1 lbs when I stepped on the scale this morning.  I would say that isn't too bad at all.  As I move into the days where yard work and physical activity take over in importance I am imagining these pounds beginning to melt of as they did last summer.  I am curious to see what I will be down to by the time I complete my next half marathon in September.  There are a lot of things I am looking forward to.  For this week, it was relaxing, for next week, it will be my birthday, and who knows what my focus will be the next week.  For right now, I will focus on Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment