Monday, May 9, 2016

Post IndyMini...State of the Weight


So, So, many of you read my race recap post...like 260 of you or so...and that's awesome!  And although that post got a huge number of views it didn't have any information about the state of my weight.  So I thought I would update you on my eating and gains/losses over the last week.

Can you tell how I was feeling about almost reaching the finish line?
Last week my goal was to slowly carb up for the Mini.  I did this by switching breakfast a couple days to one of my favorites...english muffins with Nutella and banana.  We had some frozen pumpkin spice english muffins and those are fantastic with the Nutella.

You may have seen the picture of me last week with a few other teachers in ties.  We were valet parking for the staff in our building for staff appreciation week.  Along with things like that we were also provided with a couple lunches last week as a sign of appreciation as well.  Wednesday we had wraps from a local eatery and on Thursday we had a taco bar for lunch.  They were both good lunches but the only thing helping with the slow increase in carbs were the tortillas included.

Thursday I began the real load up.  When I helped my brother move a few things out of his apartment at Purdue we headed out for dinner and I had some great pasta complete with chicken and mushrooms.  Friday we headed down to Indy for packet pick up and hit up The Old Spaghetti Factory.  The Garlic Shrimp Fettuccini was so good!  I think you should take a look at the tastiness that was this meal.

Yummo!
After the race on Saturday, I was pretty sure if I didn't eat quick bad things were going to happen.  I grabbed the banana and some cookies from the volunteers.  I followed those up with a nice cold chocolate milk.  It doesn't really get any better for post race recovery than chocolate milk.  Honestly, look it up.

After we headed back to my mom's house we decided going out to dinner for Mother's Day was in order.  We looked around and though Houlihan's sounded appetizing.  We ordered a couple appetizers.  If you haven't been to Houlihan's recently might I suggest the "Stuffed 'Shrooms" and the "Spicy Chicken Avocado Eggrolls."  Both of them were fantastic, but I could have eaten the egg rolls literally all day long.  I followed this up with a fantastic BBQ pork cheeseburger.  It was great.  I may have been a little biased based upon the fact that I was running on empty but I would definitely order it again.

Sunday we went to my in-laws and then headed out for another Mother's Day dinner.  This time I had a chicken club with cheese sandwich.  Again, it wasn't too bad, but I felt bad for my brother in-law as he could have fared better than when his bowl of rice came out in the bag it was cooked in.  Needless to say the salmon didn't quite fill him up.  I'm just glad mine came out all right.  Sorry man.  

Side note...my father in-law has pledged to participate in a couple 5Ks with us this upcoming summer and fall and also stated that he would be participating in the IndyMini next year.  That's right.  He is going to complete his first half marathon at 68 years old!!  You know you want to join us now.  Follow this link to make your commitment now and hold yourself accountable to an attainable goal.  If I can do, it so can you.  The early registration closes on Wednesday and won't reopen again until September when the prices go up.  



With all this being said, I thought the 35,000+ steps I picked up on Saturday would negate the effects of this week's food.  However, with the run, recovery, and amount of water I have been drinking I weighed in this morning at 267.5 lbs.  That put me at a total gain of 1.4 pounds for the week.  I'm not even mad.  I'm just glad I survived 13.1 miles.  So, with that being said.  Until next time...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment