Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Another Year Older

This past week, I celebrated my 34th birthday.  I had a nice small celebration but nothing super exciting.  I did have more than one meal away from home to celebrate including my first visit to IHOP in quite some time.

Other than that quick bit of information I only have a couple short things to add to the blog this week.  I know right?! Boooooorinnnng!  You'll get over it.  The first thing I want to share is that I got both of my assigned runs in this week for the first time since I ran the mini!  That's right, I finally busted out the Run Trainer app and scheduled the workouts for my next half marathon.  It's always nice to see the little green checkmarks in the app after I check off my assignment for the day whether it be a run or a rest day.
Good Morning!

The second thing I would like to share is that I finally got in my first pre-work morning run in.  I have been wanting to try running in the morning on days besides race days for a while.  So, since I am teaching a one week summer class this week, I thought why not try it now.  Monday morning I woke up early, having already set out my running clothes the night before, had an energy gel, and headed out the door.  I'll be honest, it was a little different for me but it wasn't that bad at all.  Literally, the hardest part was getting out of bed early again.  I got my run in and showered with plenty of time before I had to head out the door.  I plan on trying it again on Wednesday and Thursday with my scheduled workouts.  We'll see how those go.

Coming up on June 16th, a group of my friends and my father in-law will be taking part in the Run(317) Broad Ripple edition.  It will be cool to have a big group of people involved.  My father in-law has even tried out some new running clothes for the day.  I will make sure to allow you all to follow my progress on that day as well.  Be on the lookout for the link.

As for the weigh-in this week...it went surprisingly well.  I looked down at the scale this morning and saw 265.2 lbs.  That's a loss over the week of 1.6 pounds.  I was pretty happy with that.  Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment