Monday, August 3, 2015

Not at a Loss!

It's been a fun and interesting week.  The past couple weeks I have either gained or basically maintained my weight.  It has been a little rough looking at the scale the past couple weeks, but I am doing my best to stay positive.

The first way I tried to improve the number on the scale was to get back out and run.  I went on my first run in at least a month, and I could definitely tell.  I managed to average just under 14 minutes a mile which I would consider pretty good for me.  I am planning to add more of these runs into my weekly routine.  I am still considering signing up for a 5K, but I will see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Taken with a Selfie Stick a friend won at a conference :)
With school getting ready to start back up, I have been in quite a few meetings and professional development sessions over the past few weeks.  However, there is still a little summer left, and we decided to celebrate that by having a few friends over to our house recently.  Many of these friends are teachers and hopefully had a great time celebrating a little of the time we have left to relax before the rush of paperwork and stress.

The rest of the week, I was able to spend a little time at the pool with a couple friends.  We got a little time to relax and spend some time in the sun.  Also, we watched our friends children on Sunday.  They were excited to see us as it had been a couple weeks.  We planned to play water balloons with them and after quite some time ended up doing just that.  I went ahead and threw on a swimsuit to play with them.  I hope they had fun.

Check out that guy in red.  Ow, Ow!
I was also able to experience a new sport this weekend.  Although we consider drivewaying a sport in Frankfort, this involved getting up and moving.  Our local town has created a PickleBall League.  PickleBall is played with a solid paddle on a tennis court with what looks similar to a whiffle ball.  The court is a little smaller that the tennis court and the rules are a little different, but we had fun nonetheless.  If you ever get a chance to play, i suggest you give it a try.

Now, I stepped on the scale this week and was a little sad with myself.  I picked up my workouts this week and still managed to weigh in at 271.4 lbs.  That's a 2.5 lbs. gain.  UGH!!!  I did get lost with managing calories on vacation and I guarantee this has something to do with it.  I am trying to do better about using MyFitnessPal.  We all have our rough weeks and this was one of them.  The key is identifying the problem and coming up with a solution for it.  My solution: Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment