Monday, July 27, 2015

Consider Me Pickled

The title this week has nothing to do with dieting, but rather a fun activity that I got to participate in this week.  I will get to that in a couple paragraphs.  Enjoy the boring part of the post first. :)

I managed to have the self propel function on my lawn mower completely go out this past week. It had been on the fritz previously, but after a little detective work (aka taking the thing apart) it was found that the cable had snapped clean through.  As this isn't really a necessary item on a push mower, I am holding off on ordering the replacement and figuring I will get a better workout mowing now anyway.  Let me tell you, it's hard to push all that weight around when there isn't anything helping you, but then I think about pushing around the 25 pounds that I have lost and figure I am just fine.

I was also able to hit up the pool this week with some friends.  We were welcomed over to hang out and spent a good couple hours playing games with the kids while spending a little time in the water ourselves.  It was great to relax and we enjoyed ourselves greatly.  However, what I consider to be the best part of my week was yet to come.

Recently, we had been invited to hang out with friends on Friday evening to participate in riding The Pickled Pedaler.  This fantastic contraption is a group party bike that has ten people pedaling while a few people can take a break on the bench at the back and yet another person can pass out a few drinks while you are taking a tour of downtown.  It is GREAT!!  It's not that often you can have a couple drinks while you are working out.  I think most gyms frown upon it.  I guess I could ask my friend that works at the local YMCA, but he does tend to follow most rules.

We spent a couple hours on Friday night riding The Pickled Pedaler around Indianapolis and introducing some people to the finer parts of Mass Ave.  We even got to see where Andrew Luck lives.  If you think this sounds like a great time, you should totally check it out.  A two hour ride cost around $300 that you split between everybody that rides.

So, how about the weight loss?  Again this week I had an off week.  Again, I think it is due to lack of consistent rest as I was having trouble getting to sleep earlier in the evening to allow me to wake early for my meetings.  I am working on getting my body back into the school year schedule.  When I weighed in on Sunday morning I was at 269.8 lbs.  That puts me with a 0.1 pound increase this week, or what amounts to the same weight as last week.  I have decided that workouts must make their way into my schedule on a regular basis.  I am also considering signing up for a 5K in the fall to give myself a goal to hit during the first semester of the school year.  We will see what happens.  I am still staying positive.  I even got a couple compliments this week about my weight loss from people that hadn't seen me in a while.  Until next week... Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment