Monday, August 17, 2015

Back to School

The past week has been pretty packed...but not with exercise.  This was the first week back to school for teachers and students.  Needless so say, I was a little busy.  Let's get into it.

From the beginning of the week, I knew working out, probably wasn't going to happen this week.  For this reason, I knew I needed to keep up my water intake and keep down my calorie count.  I started the week with a coffee and sitting in a meeting listening to our superintendent give a warm welcome to the teachers to a new year.  The rest of Tuesday and Wednesday were spent either sitting in meetings or getting my classroom ready to begin the year.

On Wednesday evening, we had our open house to visit with the students and allow them to meet their classroom teacher and drop off their supplies.  Let's just say I spent that time finalizing the things I needed to get done in my classroom before students showed up on Thursday.

Thursday morning came with an early wake up call and the beginning of what will soon become a normal morning routine.  After breakfast and making sure we were both ready to leave the house, Mrs. Re-Dan-imation made sure to take our "first day of school selfie."  Can you tell we were excited to get the year started.  I got a couple comments that said I was a little less excited than her, but we were also taking a selfie at 7:00 am.

The first two days back to school were a whirlwind.  The kids did a great job and I think the teachers did pretty good themselves.  Like I said earlier, the only exercise I got during the week was walking the hallways at school.  My wife has also signed up for a couple online classes so we spent the remaining hours of the week preparing her for her first Google Hangout session with her professor.  Sunday, we were finally able to relax and we took definite advantage of it.

But, how did I do with this first week of school and an extreme change in my normal schedule.  Well, I kept track of my calories diligently.  According to my progress report from FitBit in my e-mail today I ate roughly 2300 calories less than I burned the past week.  That means I should have lost some weight, but it would appear that it would be less than a pound.  When I stepped on the scale it came up to 267.7 lbs. for a week loss of 0.9 lbs.  I'd say I was pretty close on my calorie counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment