Monday, August 31, 2015

Dazed and Confused

Having renewed my motto this past week, I spent much more time on my feet this week.  I was always moving at school as I was having all of our students sign into their school email accounts for the first time this week.  If you've never been frustrated before, may I suggest this as a place for setting a benchmark on your frustration scale.

After coming home a little stressed out each day some drivewaying was in order.   I was able to spend a few days on the driveway just enjoying some good conversation.  I maintained my calorie tracking all week and I think I went over my suggested calories only once during the week.

As for returning to the feet portion of  my motto, I wasn't really referring to walking around more at school.  I meant I needed to get back outside.  I needed to be more active in workouts.  I needed to actually exercise.  On Tuesday, I went out for my first run in a few weeks.  I stepped it up a little bit and went a little further.  I maintained a decent pace even though it doesn't look like it in the picture since it includes the walking times too.  I was proud of myself and felt pretty good when I was done.

The next event of the week consisted of partaking in a test at the place between heaven and hell. That's right, I spent Saturday at Purgatory.  A few college buddies and I decided to go play the golf course as a way to celebrate a birthday.  Let's say I must have done something right at the gates, since I had one of my better front nines of the season.  That's not saying I'm good by any means, but I did improve a little bit.  On the back nine we played best ball so it is hard to say what I really scored, but I was happy with my performance and we had a pretty good time hanging out together.  I would go back again if I could find a decent deal on the price.

On Sunday, after having hung out with my buddies over the weekend, I figured another workout was in order.  I laced up my shoes and headed out for another run.  I went almost the exact same distance as I did on Tuesday, but I managed to finish a little quicker.  I'll definitely take that considering it was about 10 degree warmer on Sunday than it was on Tuesday.  I need to work on increasing my mileage next to help burn off some more of these calories I have sitting around.  I'll get there.

Now, as for my weigh-in...here is where the Dazed and Confused title comes in to play.  After returning from Las Vegas, I have been on MyFitnessPal monitoring my calories for the past 33 days.  So as I got on the scale this morning I was a little surprised.  Apparently I gained 2.5 lbs this week with a weigh in of 269.3.  I tried 3 times to get it to change.  Didn't happen.  And it wasn't a gain of muscle either as my body fat percentage didn't change even a tenth of a percent.  I'm not going to get down on myself though because that won't help.  I going to get back out there and stay on my feet.  I'm going to increase my water intake to rid myself of toxins. I'm going to monitor my calories like always.  And, I'm going to do better.  Next week I will lose weight.  Until then... Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment