Monday, August 24, 2015

What's a motto?

After my last post, it was brought to my attention that I left out a key phrase. In my haste to complete my last entry I forgot to end it with "Food. Feet. Water. Repeat". This may have been a simple error but it got me thinking...more on those thoughts later. 

Let's talk about how my week went first. The first full week of school with students gave me a dose of unending work. As I reflected back upon my week, I couldn't have told you a minute that I wasn't working with students, on work for the next week with students, or helping others in the building with a need they may have had.  I think my only real down time was lunch. I'll be honest, it was nice knowing how much I put into my week and the fact that I was busy enough around the building to never be sitting anywhere too long. 

I finished the week in Rossville at the Summers End Festival. The Frankfort Indiana Jaycees participated in this event by having a car smash to raise money to help fund future projects. We had a good time and raised around $300 for our efforts. It was a blast to watch kids take out a little aggression on that poor Cadillac. The adults got to have a little fun with it as well. Check out the kids in the pictures taking a good whack at it. 

After the long week of work, I stepped on the scale this morning and saw the number 266.8. Another loss but of just under a pound at 0.9. I'll take it. That gives me a total loss of 27.5 lbs.

Now, as for that thinking I was doing regarding the motto. I have been doing well regarding the food and water portions of the motto...but the steps have definitely been lacking. I need to get back to running. I need to get back to being outside. I need to be on my FEET!  I have a plan in the works for this. I will tell you more about it in the coming weeks. Be sure to check back in and see what I am up to. 

Until next time... Food. FEET. Water. Repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment