Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Overnight Banana NutellOats!

I have been talking a lot about overnight oats.  I have recently become a huge fan of this wonderful breakfast.  It's filling. It's tasty.  It's easy to prepare.  Best of all...It's ready to go in the morning with zero preparation!  It's even easier than pouring a bowl of cereal.

Having shared a couple recipes recently from Fit Foodie Finds, I thought that I would share my reaction to them as well as show how I updated one of them for a flavor that I really enjoy.  One of the flavors I mentioned recently was a Blueberry Muffin flavoring.  It was pretty easy to make and involved FRESH blueberries and some lemon zest.  I do have to say though, this was probably my least favorite of the kinds I have tried.  I think the citrus from the zest overpowered the blueberries and made it kind of tart when I took a spoonful.  If you like to pucker when you eat, you could give it a try.  I think I will make a switch in the sweetener next time and try to make them taste like blueberry pancakes.  I'll share the recipe if I end up making them.


The next flavor I tried was Chocolate Chia.  This was fantastic.  It tasted like a bowl full of chocolate milk with just enough texture to make it filling.  The oats and the chia seeds definitely help in the filling department.  I recently learned that chia seeds expand to 8 times their original size when you eat them.  How's that for filling your stomach?!

Mrs. Re-Dan-imation even decided she was going to make some for me one night this week.  She looked up a peanut butter chocolate chip recipe.  Let me tell you.  This one was excellent and tasted pretty much like a Reese's Cup.  It came out pretty thick in the morning, but just adding a splash of almond milk made it good to go.

So, after trying a few recipes I decided to switch one up a bit for a flavor that I absolutely love.  One of my favorite things to eat is Nutella.  When I saw a recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats, I knew what my first recipe of my now was going to be.  It's time for "Overnight Banana NutellOats!" That's right.  I even came up with a clever name although Mrs. Re-Dan-imation doesn't like it.  HeHe.  If you have never mixed these two flavors, you need to try it NOW.  Take a spoonful of Nutella and spread it on a banana.  So how do you make it?  Grab the following ingredients and follow the steps below.

Overnight Banana NutellOats

Wet Ingredients
Banana- 1/2 for mix 1/2 for topping
Almond Milk- Unsweetened- 3/4 cup (I use Silk)
Greek Yogurt- Vanilla or plain- 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon
Nutella- 2 Tablespoons
Honey- 1 Tablespoon

Dry Ingredients
Rolled Oats (Old Fashioned)- 1 cup
Chia Seeds- 1 Tablespoon


Directions: Begin my mashing half of a banana in a bowl.  Then mix the rest of the wet ingredients with a fork until they are smooth.  Make sure to mix it until everything has been  completely mixed.  You don't want a clump of honey and chia seeds sitting in the bottom of the bowl.  Then pour in the dry ingredients and mix again until smooth.  Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge.  Overnight Oats need to sit at least 4 hours, but I ALWAYS leave them overnight.  In the morning, slice the other half of the banana and place it on top of the oats with an extra tablespoon of Nutella in the middle.  The toppings definitely help top off the flavors.  This recipe makes 2 servings so split if with someone or save the rest for the next morning like I do.

Seriously GOOD!!

I hope you enjoy this recipe of mine.  I know this is something new for the blog, but I thought maybe you guys would like to try something that I find is really helping me.  If you have tried these before or try them with this recipe let me know in the comments.  I would love to hear your reaction to this recipe.  Also, don't forget to subscribe to the blog by putting your email in the box above and to the right.  If you have a favorite overnight oats recipe feel free to share that as well.  Until next time...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment