Monday, April 25, 2016

Take me out to the Ball Game!

This week has been quite active!  It definitely helps that the grass is growing!  I mowed the grass twice this week.  I had forgotten how hard it was to push mow the grass with the powered wheels no longer providing assistance, while still providing weight.  I try to make sure to actually "push it" a little when I am mowing to keep my heart rate up.  All the rain lately has truly greened the grass right up and it looks great when it is freshly mowed.

This weekend the weather was B-E-A-Utiful!  On Saturday, My brother-in-law and I headed down to Franklin College to watch the Grizzlies softball team take part in their conference tournament.  One of his former basketball players plays for the Grizzlies and we went down to watch her play.  It was a fun atmosphere and it definitely helped that they won over Bluffton 2-0.  It was a great day to watch a ball game.  We probably would have stayed around to watch the second game if we didn't already have more plans for the day.


I forgot to mention that last week I was finally able to try my Garmin Forerunner 235 outdoors.  Although it wasn't during a run, since I used it on the Monon during my bike ride, I did get to try a couple features out.  Auto pause worked great, but the feature I was really wondering about was the live tracking function.  With live tracking I can send out a link, and by using the Garmin in conjunction with my phone, anybody with the link can click and find me wherever I happen to be during my workout or race.  I can't wait to use this during the Mini.  That way anybody that is friends with me on Facebook can follow me and track my progress during the race no matter how slow that little dot might be moving.  Mrs. Re-Dan-imation was able to track my progress on my bike last week just by checking her e-mail.  Speaking of e-mail.  Don't forget to subscribe to this blog by putting your email in the box up to the right.  That way you won't miss any of my updates if you don't happen to see it on Facebook or Twitter.


After the ball game we hopped back on the highway and headed straight for Broad Ripple.  Nope, not another bar crawl.  This time we were going for fitness.  Yep, Kreg had decided that he would head out on the Monon Trail with me for a ride.  After finally finding a parking spot we unloaded and headed for the trail head.  I had decided that heading south was a better idea as the views from the trail tend to be a little more interesting.  It's fun to head past some of the murals, the state fairgrounds, and all the way down to 10th street underneath the I-65/I-70 split.  After heading back our trip calculated right at 14 miles.  Not bad for a days ride, especially when we are taking our time and making it more of a scenic ride than a hard workout.  He seemed to enjoy himself and just like earlier, the weather was still great.

Probably not the way this officer wanted to spend his shift.

Last week I introduced my first stand alone recipe post.  I was eager to see if anybody would read it.  According to my stats on blogger, it got about half the views of a regular weekly post of mine. If you read it, and especially if you tried it...let me know what you thought.  You can leave a comment at the bottom!!  Hopefully the rest of you are able to take the time to check these out once I get more of them up and going.  I am also working on a way to add a page to the top of the blog that leads directly to recipes.  So far it hasn't worked out exactly how I wanted it to, but I am working on it.  Trying to find some code to put in that I can adjust just the way I want it.

You may have noticed I haven't included any runs in my posts these past two weeks.  I plan on remedying that this evening.  After my last long run on the treadmill I have been wanting to do my runs outside as 10 miles on the treadmill was torture.  I have done a couple treadmill runs since then, but I have been having the itch to head back out.  I really need to do some training runs with my Garmin to get it acclimated to my stride as well.  That way I know it will be as accurate as it can for the Mini.

Speaking of the Mini.  I received my confirmation e-mail this week.  I will be starting in Corral U for the race at approximately 8:15.  For the seeded corrals I am next to last for runners...yep, I'm slow.  I'm cool with that though.  Here's the way I look at it, every person I pass during the race is a victory. My GOAL is to finish and every person that I finish in front of is just icing on the cake for me.  If you haven't already...you should download the IndyMini app.  You will be able to enter my Bib number (33227) and follow me based on when I cross at certain points during the race (5K, Yard of Bricks, 11 mile, and finish line) if you don't want to follow me via my Garmin live tracking (or in case my battery runs out).  I seriously hope that if you are the least bit interested in reading this blog that you will be interested in how I finish on May 7th.  I also took May 6th off from school because I want to be able to go down and completely enjoy the Mini Marathon Expo without feeling rushed while also allowing me to get enough sleep the night before and still get up to make it down around closed streets and traffic.

So how did the scale treat me this morning?  Well, I stepped on and it said 264.3 lbs.  EXACTLY the same as last week!  At least it didn't go up.  I feel better than I did last week and I have been constantly on the move.  Who knows?  But, I didn't gain and that is good enough for me.  I am done with yo-yoing like I have been pretty much doing since November.  Be on the lookout for another recipe this week.  I haven't decided whether I am going to share another overnight oats recipe or a dinner recipe.  Let me know what you think.  Until next time...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment