Monday, April 11, 2016

Best to be Busy

This past week has been pretty busy.  To begin the month, we had the Spaghetti Run 5K/10K!  The event went great and everybody was happy with the results.  We managed to make enough money from sponsors and registrations to help fund some other projects during the year for the Frankfort Jaycees.  We love to give back to our community and this is just one more way that helps us do that.

Throughout the week, I have been reestablishing my love of looking at the blogs of others.  I really enjoy the recipes I find on the blog Fit Foodie Finds.  They are easy to make and almost always taste great.  I have also been researching how well she does for herself in writing her blog.  I never expect to get to her level with this blog.  However, I am going to learn some tips about making this blog better.  I need to work on the photography that I put on here.  I think looking at better photos will make me more excited to write this every week.  I also think it might entice you guys to read it a little more than simply seeing a treadmill snapshot on Facebook.  I've got to get my DSLR back out and get back into the phase or retraining myself not just how to use it, but how to use it well.  I miss taking as many pictures as I used to.  All it takes is getting the camera out of the bag and putting it to work.

ALOHA!!
Last Friday, the Frankfort Jaycees helped another local organization, the Frankfort Rotary, to hold the Italian Buffet (the original namesake for the Spaghetti Run).  We were able to help cook, serve, and make an overall great experience for the people that attended.  I spent my night baking breadsticks and had a pretty good time.  Our hard work paid off and we were all rewarded with a free dinner as payment.  After all the cooking it was nice to be able to sit down and have a nice dinner with Mrs. Re-Dan-imation.  If you are from Frankfort, or the surrounding areas, and have not attended this meal in the past you should definitely mark it down on your calendar for next year.  If for nothing else, you get to see a lot of people from town you don't get to see everyday.  Don't forget to say "Hi" to me when you stop by.

This past weekend, I participated in an event in Broad Ripple called the Crawl for Cancer.  This bar crawl lead groups through town to 5 bars and then culminates with an after party at The Vogue.  Let me just say...this is the second time I have taken part in this event and this year turned out MUCH better for me than the last time.  I didn't have to stay at a friends house and was the designated driver for everyone.  I am so excited to say that I am part of a team that ALWAYS has a theme for the event.  This year we planned a Hawaiian theme (little did we know it was only going to be 40 degrees on the day of the crawl).  In the past we have gone as TEAM USA and last year was an 80s theme.  Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" is considered our group theme song and we have it played every year at The Vogue during the after party.  The year we went as TEAM USA we played it immediately in every bar we walked in to.  If you are old enough (and enjoy beer), you should totally look into participating in future years.

Look at that healthy stuff!!
 Speaking of Fit Foodie Finds, I decided that overnight oats was something I wanted to try.  Last week she celebrated overnight oats week and put up a new recipe every day for seven days.  I figured that blueberry muffin was the one I wanted to try, since the chocolate chia recipe hadn't been released yet when I made my choice. I purchased the ingredients which are all healthy obviously.  Check out the picture or the recipe I attached earlier.  I was interested to try the almond milk and the chia seeds, neither of which I had included in a recipe before.  When I tried them this morning I decided I had added a bit too much lemon zest, but they were good enough to eat the rest tomorrow morning and get excited about making the chocolate chia recipe next time.  You should give them a try.  Your brain may be expecting warm oats, so you have to get over that, but I wasn't remotely hungry before lunch today and I only ate the recommended amount.
Yum!

With the crawl taking place this weekend, I had a bad feeling about my weight going into this morning.  I was right and I tipped the scale at 266.3 lbs.  That's an increase of 1.3 lbs for the week.  I'm not too mad at that.  I managed to get in my three runs last week and even got to mow the grass on one of the few days that it wasn't raining.  It REALLY needed it!!  I am totally looking forward to the weather this week finally breaking a little.  Maybe we will get to see of that sunshine stuff and feel some warmer temps.  I can't wait to get back outside again.  Until next week. Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment