Monday, March 28, 2016

Break Time

This week was spring break.  Needless to say a vacation was not in the cards for the Miller's this year.  Instead we had the fun task of deep cleaning our house and also spending some time with our friends.  We were able to see friends more this week than we have in the past few months.  It was great to catch up and spend some quality time with everyone.

This week also provided an opportunity to get some much needed rest as well.  I was able to sleep in a little each day and really recuperate.  It also helped my mental state with the extra rest and relaxation.  It's pretty amazing what a little R and R can do for a person.

Next week I am going to be chairpersoning (I know it isn't a word, but I don't like chairing) the Spaghetti Run here in town.  Having actually taken part in a few races I have seen the events from both sides.  I understand what it is to hold a race, but in the past I had no idea what it was to be a participant.  I only hope that the people that take place in our race this weekend are able to enjoy themselves.  With a little luck the weather will be great and we will have some fast times on Saturday.  If you are wanting to come out and join either the 5K or 10K we will be at the Clinton County Fairgrounds Saturday morning.  The race starts at 9:00, but if you still need to register 8:00-8:15 would be a better time for you to arrive.

While I relaxed this weekend, I also was able to better count my calories and pay more attention to what was going in my body.  I did a much better job staying close to my caloric goal.  My steps were not quite what they could have been.  So when I got on the scale this morning I was not surprised to see that I had lost weight.  I was a little surprised that it wasn't more, but that's ok.  I weight in this morning at 265.4 lbs.  That's a weight loss for the week of 0.6 lbs.  I'd say that's at least decent for a vacation that included the Easter holiday.  So until next week.  Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment