Monday, January 11, 2016

Some Assembly Required

This is how I feel about any fitness program.  Obviously there is some work to be done, or some assembly, before the final product can ever been seen.  This week has provided me some opportunities for assembly.

I was able to borrow a friends truck on Wednesday (thanks Joe and Shelley) to pick up our new treadmill.  We headed to Kokomo with my brother-in-law in tow.  The loading of the truck was easy as the store associates basically did it for us...It was getting it into the house where the real battle began.  Basically we had to "walk" it across the driveway and push it across the porch before we could get it into the house and onto some furniture sliders.  You may be able to judge the amount of fun had there by looking at the pictures.  There it sat, it its future home, until I was able to come back from a Jaycees meeting the same night.  I managed to get it unboxed and started the assembly before I headed to bed around midnight.

On Thursday, I continued the assembly.  I was able to get all of the work done that could be done by 1 person just as Mrs. Re-Dan-imation walked in the door after having watched a local basketball game. I asked for her help and I was a little surprised she agreed rather than heading to the shower and bed.  We got the brace attached to the bottom to allow the track to raise and lower and made sure everything worked.  Again, it was late so we headed to bed before having a chance to really give it a try.  She vows she won't get on it until I get a chance to try it out first.

Day 1 assembly on left....Day 2 success on right
Friday, we headed to another basketball game (kind of our winter agenda) and then went to celebrate the birthday of a family friend. Happy birthday Kath!  Yet another night we did not get to try out our new treadmill.  We slept in on Saturday and I had another project I needed to work on before I headed out to work at a festival being put on by a community organization.  I hit up a local establishment to warm up and have some food after standing outside for a few hours.  Again, I headed home and went to bed.  Another day down the fitness tubes.

Sunday...BIG PLANS!!!  Time for the treadmill!  NOPE!!!  Woke up at 7:30 with what I can only assume was food poisoning from some creamer I put in my coffee yesterday that I had held on to a little too long.  I spent most of the day trying to beat a fever and get a little energy back after a ROUGH morning.  I sit here today typing this having spent the day disgruntled by the fact that the energy was not there to go for a walk or run today.

Today is also the second anniversary/birthday of the loss of our son Korban.  We lost him after an extended struggle through infertility.  Today we spend time reflecting and trying to maintain a positive outlook on life including our future attempts at IVF.  We hope you attempt to do that same in any struggles you are having in your life.

I did manage to get on the scale this morning and the food poisoning sure did its job.  I was down to 261.0.  That a drop of 1.2 lbs.  I doubt that is all from yesterday, but I can't wait to see what happens when I am actually able to get back into the swing of things this week.  Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment