Monday, October 5, 2015

School Picture Day!

Today was picture day at school.  This is a day I didn't usually look forward to when I was a kid.  Some of my pictures turned out pretty good, some pretty funny, and some gave a false impression of my attitude toward school.  Today as I entered the building, I thought about what my picture might look like when I get it back compared to years before.  Obviously, the beard makes a little difference in comparison to the pictures in this post...but I am curious how my face will look.  Will I look younger and more rejuvenated or will I look the same as the past few years and not be able to tell a difference?  The answer to this question will be seen soon enough, but for now I will just be curious while I garner a few laughs from those of you that have never seen my school pictures through my school years. I wasn't always heavy, but I was never really thin.

Over the week, I made sure to get in my workouts.  The first consisted of a quick "short" run on the treadmill.  I decided that a short run was in order to pick up the pace and really see what I could hold on to for a full mile.  I warmed up for a few minutes, set the pace at 12:00 minutes and set off.  I managed to keep the pace for the entire mile and immediately followed with a walk.  I thought I would try to add in some slower running after a 2 minute walk, but increasing the speed on the treadmill left my legs really feeling like Jell-O so I decided to just complete a cool down for a total of 1.5 miles.

My second workout for the week was another Long Slow Distance.  However, I wanted to slightly pick up the pace for this long run to increase my ability to maintain a pace at distance and increase my "race pace."  I decided to run at 4.6 miles per hour rather than my usual 4.5.  That may not sound like a huge difference, but it took 18 seconds per mile off my time and over a minute off my total run.    I managed to get in a complete 3 miles at that pace.  I was quite proud of myself.  I completed my cool down yet again, stretched and hit the showers.  I still can't believe I am running 3 miles without stopping.  My goal for this week is to run somewhere between 3.5 and 4 miles on my next long, slow, distance run.  We'll see what happens.

The weekend, brought about time to catch up with family and friends on Saturday.  Although the weather left something to be desired I managed to get my oil changed in the morning, head to Indy to visit my mom and then head out to Avon to visit some friends.  All that time spent in the car and I still managed to get in about 9,000 steps that day through stopping to buy some things at Target and Walmart.  I know I was surprised myself.

Now, the moment you have all been waiting for.  This morning I weighed in at 261.5 lbs.  That's a great weight loss for this week of 2.4 lbs.!  I was a little surprised.  Usually I monitor each day or every other day so I kind of know where I am going to be on Monday morning, but this weekend I didn't weigh myself so the amount I lost was a bit of a bonus.  I now have a total weight loss of 32.8 lbs.  I will be back again next week with more...or maybe I should say less...Until then.  Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment