Monday, September 28, 2015

Reaching New Heights!

I have to admit, this was not my best week eating in the last 60 days straight that I have religiously monitored my calories.  But, I got to eat some food that I truly enjoy like some authentic Mexican food and a nice buffalo chicken wrap with some fries another night.  I am by no means perfect when it comes to eating, but I do my best not to go over my calories.

I managed to get in a round of golf Sunday morning.  I played at Cool Lake between Frankfort and Lebanon which is the course I set my best score on.  This time I was able to tell a little bit about my fitness improving.  I feel I have improved my short game simply because I am able to keep my upper body straighter since I have a little less gut in the way.  I also became keenly aware that although I chose to wear long pants on a day when the temperature reached around 75 before I was done playing that I was much lighter on sweat than normal. I also decided to post my best score of the year at 100.  Hey, I never said I was a professional.

This week, I was a little light on my workouts during the week.  But boy, oh boy, did I make up for it on Sunday.  Sunday was my second Long Slow Distance (LSD) and this week I spent almost an hour on the treadmill completing 3.5 miles at a constant 13:20 pace and completed a total of 4 miles including my warm up and cool down.  That is quite literally the farthest distance I have ever run in my life!  Holy Cow I am making progress!  I have also been working on my breathing while I run and I think I am getting better in that department, but I definitely have some work to do.

After the food that I ate this week, I wasn't anticipating a great number on the scale this morning.  I was actually surprised to see it show 263.9 lbs.  That's a loss of 0.5 lbs. from last week.  Everything is progress and I am finally officially over 30 lbs. lost.  Even though I got credit from FitBit last week ;).    I will do more work on my eating this week and hope to get in a couple more of my "short" runs during the week.  Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment