Monday, October 19, 2015

Down with the Sickness!

If you are a child of my generation, you may be familiar with the title and although Disturbed was quite loud and raucous when they performed the song, that is not how I felt this week.  I have spent a majority of the week trying out different cough medicines and trying to find a way to keep my voice working all day while at school.

There were some fun times mixed in though.  Don't get too sad for me.  On Monday, I got to play 9 holes of golf after school  and although it wasn't the best round of my life, I still had a good time.  I got to hang out with a couple friends and a couple former students of mine were also included in our group.  I managed to lose a sleeve of balls in the leaves already on the ground...ok so maybe they ended up in water or trees...but came home with a bit of dignity.

This weekend, my brother in law hosted an October Fest party.  I have been looking forward to this for a while, but this stupid cold has brought me down all week.  Well, I didn't let it keep me from having a good time.  I decided to use a little of Grandpa's Cough Syrup as it was the only cough medicine I hadn't tried this week.  We had some good food (probably a little too much on my part) and plenty of libations.  Mrs. Re-Dan-imation and myself even won the Drink-O competition and brought home some nice mugs as a prize.

These may have been the death of me 
With all the time I have been spending "getting down" with the sickness, I haven't spent much time up and running.  To be blunt, I haven't had a single run this week.  After last Sunday, when I ran through being sick, I wanted to let my body heal more before I got back out there and got discouraged with myself which resulted in me being discouraged with myself anyway.  I guess I am more discouraged with the fact that I didn't get better quicker.  However, today I had a major victory.  I purchased a North Face fleece on clearance today at Dick's Sporting Goods and it was an XL.  I haven't purchased an item of clothing that size in God knows how long.  It is a bit snug, but I bought it regardless, because I am going to need it the rest of the fall and through the winter.  Needless to say, I was a little pumped when I put it on and it zipped up without incident.

The scales this morning were about what I expected after a week without working out and having a little too much food at a party.  I weighed in at 262.6 lbs. for a gain of 1.3 lbs.  After the week, I am not surprised, but I am also not angry.  I just have to get back into the routine this week.  Until next week...Food. Feet, Water, Repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment