Monday, October 12, 2015

2 Weeks Out

It's been an interesting week. I have been doing a lot with school as we had some higher up visitors coming to see the school. I have been focused on completing what I needed to get done for that meeting as well as being involved with Lego League. With that being said, I only managed to get in a single run, but it was my long run.

I managed to stay away from this case
Wednesday morning the news showed a new store opening up in Carmel called Market District Supermarket. The store looked enticing and we decided to head down on Saturday. The parking lot was packed enough that there were two police officers at the exits. We spent at least two hours inside. There were a lot of exotic foods and many things that were available that you can't get other places. For example, my picture shows the rabbit, boar, and python that they have available. 

My brother in law decided that he wanted to head out to his school to work out on Sunday. I decided to take him up on the offer. We started by running on the indoor track. Although the track was nice, I was having trouble keeping track of laps considering it took 12+ to complete a mile. When the weight room became available I decided to head in to run on the treadmill. I got in my total 3 miles and then even shot around on the basketball court a little...ok very little.

Maria...hope you don't mind I stole this from your Facebook.
Stole yours too Amanda :)
Also on Sunday, I spent a great deal of time sitting at my computer.  I wasn't sitting there spending my time aimlessly.  I was huddled around www.ironman.com  Turns out I had two people I knew competing in Ironman Louisville.  One competitor used to be a teacher and swim coach at Frankfort High School.  She is also a beast in the CrossFit Box.  The second is a friend I know from Muncie that isn't my former Band Director.  I was watching their splits update and watching to catch a glimpse of them on the live feeds online.  After quite a bit of watching, I witnessed Maria, the former Frankfort employee head out for the marathon stint after having already swam 2.4 miles and biked 112.  An ironman is no joke.  I didn't get to see her finish, but I was able to check out her results and her Facebook page.  No big deal...she just finished in 10:00:31 and happened to run through the tape as the first woman finisher even though the results list her as second, the pictures show her breaking the tape.  Amanda, from Muncie, finished in 14:56:30 with just over an hour remaining to officially be listed as a finisher.  This was her first time and she did remarkable.  Maria Gramelspacher and Amanda McKinley..."YOU ARE IRONMAN" and YOU ARE INSPIRATION!

My weigh in went as well as could be expected all things considered. I managed a 0.2 lb. weight loss after weighing in at 261.3. I am not displeased with that with the little that I did this week. I am two weeks out from my 5K and I am feeling pretty good. We'll see what happens on the 31st. Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment