Sunday, July 12, 2015

Cinco de Miller

Welcome back, and happy Cinco de Miller!  This has been quite an eventful week, considering I have spent much of my time around the house and sitting outside with friends.  I hope you enjoy celebrating this week as much as I have.  Spoiler Alert: you'll be reading mostly about food!

To start the week, I was able to catch up with a friend from college that I haven't seen in two years.  She was in from Arizona to visit her family and took time out of her busy schedule to catch up with me.  We decided to meet for lunch at the Hamilton Town Centre and both had our first experience at a Brazilian grill.  I'll be honest, when I looked up Tucano's, I was a little scared because it is basically a buffet of meats with a salad bar included.  However, I made one trip to the salad bar and only had about 2 complete servings of meat.  If you haven't been to a Brazilian grill before, I suggest you try it.  It's nice to be able to have all the different meats and the pricing at Tucano's is pretty reasonable.  

The next couple days were supposed to be set aside to help some friends of our move.  However, there have been many set backs because of the person purchasing their home and it has been driving them nuts.  We decided to head out to visit with them for the evening.  We ended up hanging out for quite a while and the ladies even headed out to buy some fireworks to set off for the kids.  It was a great night and I am glad we were able to spend it with them one last time in their current house.  

As the week was coming to a close, we were anxiously awaiting our upcoming vacation.  We deserve it and are taking it as a celebration of our 5th (cinco) anniversary.  We hadn't planned on doing much else for our anniversary, but decided to treat ourselves to a dinner out together at a restaurant we have never visited (something we like to do when we get a chance).  After asking friends for ideas and doing a little research we decided on Seasons 52 at the Fashion Mall.  The name for the restaurant is a nod to the fact that they change some of the menu seasonally, occasionally weekly, based on what is in season.  We could not have made a better choice.  

After taking a seat in the bar we told our waitress that we had never been to the restaurant before and that we were celebrating our anniversary.  Her attitude totally brightened up and she was super happy to be helping us.  She asked if we were interested in a toast to start things off with (uhhh, yeah) and she brought out a champagne toast.  The champagne was great and a welcome surprise.  Next came an Amuse-bouche compliments of the chef.  A little one bite appetizer consisting of a slice of Ahi Tuna and some corn salsa. 

As we arrived during happy hour, some small plate appetizers were available for great money so we decided on the duck lollipops and the Ahi tuna.  Both were good choices and it was the first time either of us tasted duck.  For our entrees, Mrs. Re-Dan-imation chose some wild caught Alaskan Copper River Salmon and I chose the caramelized sea scallops.  They both were served with a sweet corn risotto and fresh snap peas and tomatoes.  The meals were fantastic and we finished every bite...along with a couple dessert shooters.  If you ever have the chance to go to Seasons 52, jump on it (Tell Deanna we said hi).

So, with all of this food being talked about, how did the weight loss go this week?  It went Fan-freaking-tastic!  When I stepped on the scale Sunday morning I saw 267.9 lbs.  I made sure to check it many more times to see if it was correct.  That gives me a loss for the week of 5.7 (another cinco) pounds this week and 26.4 pounds lost overall.  I may not have made my 30 pounds lost goal for this week, but I sure got a lot closer than I anticipated when I weighed in last week.  Don't forget to subscribe!  Until next week... Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment