Monday, December 7, 2015

Weak Weekends

I have a weakness!  It is titled Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Let me explain a little more about my week and then discuss how weekends are my weakness.

The past week I had a meeting or event literally every night during the week.  I managed to get a run in on Tuesday night on the treadmill.  I picked up the pace a little bit and and completed two miles with a quicker pace on the second mile than the first.  The second mile was a decent bit under 12:00/mile.

The rest of the week went by quickly and then on Friday night we had a banquet for the Frankfort Jaycees.  We went out for dinner where I had a little more food than I think I should have.  We had a great time, passed out some awards to some very deserving men and enjoyed each others company.  It you haven't checked out our organization, look us up on Facebook.  We are looking forward to shopping for families in need next week through or Holiday Helpers program.

Mrs. Re-Dan-imation made
a new friend while shopping.
Saturday, Mrs. Re-Dan-imation and myself, decided to finish our Christmas shopping for the season.  We headed to the mall and a couple other locations and managed to almost completely finish our shopping.  It is GREAT to be done this early and without truly breaking the budget like we normally would.  We also met up with my mom and had a great dinner at Logan's Steakhouse.  The food was good and it was nice to be able to catch up with my mom about her trip to visit family in St. Louis (thank you to those family members that purchased the decorations she made!!) and other things going on in her life.  After we finished eating, we headed in separate directions to finish our Christmas shopping and then headed home to finally get some rest.  I think this is the first time in a long while that I have gotten over 13,000 steps in a day without going for a run.  We parked in the very last spot in the parking lot and were all over that mall.  Glad the Mrs. decided to wear some running shoes instead of her boots that day ;).

Sunday, we put out some much needed Christmas lights around our bushes and garage.  The light display at the Re-Dan-imation household is a little less this year, but the spirit is just the same.  I also managed to get a QUICK run in.  I did just 1.87 miles this day, but I ran it at an average pace of 11:23 per mile.  With the Santa Hustle coming up this weekend, I plan to do my best to maintain something close to this pace and really drop my 5K time.  Temps are looking good for Sunday, but there is also an 80% chance of rain.  My brother also signed up for the half and I will be excited to see how he does.  He surprised himself the last time he ran one...maybe he will do it again.

Today, I got on the scale and was again bummed to see 260.0 lbs.  That's a gain of 0.6 lbs.  Obviously not my best effort.  Things get in the way during the week, but as I discussed at the beginning of the post, the weekends are truly my weak point.  I need to remember that it isn't just about the steps, but also about the food.  Increasing the steps couldn't hurt either.  Oh well.  It is what it is.  I have to do better and I will.  Looking forward to my first Christmas race next weekend and a much lower number next Monday.  Until then...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment