Monday, December 21, 2015

A Mile Away!!

What a week!  This has been the week right before break...and for a teacher, let's just say it's a crazy week.  I also worked an extra 3 days this week after school and helped with our Christmas concert last Monday.  It has been nuts!  By the time I got to the weekend, I just wanted to relax.

That is exactly what I did.  I literally did not take a step on a treadmill or the street this week.  I have a feeling you see what is coming in the weigh in department.  However, Mrs. Re-Dan-imation and I managed to get all of our presents wrapped for everyone.  I can't wait to see their faces when they open them.  Giving is definitely the best part of this season.  I only wish I could do it more.  If you haven't done something for someone else this year...find some way to give to others in need.  Shop for someone from an angel tree, drop some money in the Salvation Army bucket, or buy lunch for the person behind you in the drive through.  You have no idea how good it can make you feel and how much joy it brings to the person who receives the gift.  

I also managed to finally watch some of my favorite Christmas movies.  Who doesn't love watching a little Elf and Christmas Vacation.  They always make you laugh and no matter how bad/lazy of a week you have had you will enjoy having a good laugh.  

I know, I know.  You just ran another race, how are you going to let up on the gas.  It's easy to do when you are out of gas from a long week.  I am sure everyone has heard the phrase "Excuses are like ********, everyone has one and they all stink!"  I won't give excuses, I will simply accept the fact that I failed myself this week.  

After the week I had I could see my results coming from a mile away.  When I stepped on the scale this morning, I knew what was coming.  I saw 260.9.  That's an increase for the week of 0.5 lbs.  Honestly, that was less than what I expected.  Now that I am on winter break, I will be forcing myself to get back at it.  Also, I will be running on Christmas Eve morning in the Rudolph Run with my brothers.  I can't wait to do that.  I still have things to look forward to even though I had yet another bad week.  Check back next week and see if I hold together my weight around Christmas.  

Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment