Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy Birthday to ME!!

A high protein birthday gift from my science teacher brother-in-law!!
Well, I have lived another year of my life.  As my brother-in-law would say, today I hit my Larry Bird Birthday (33).  I am trying to live my life to the fullest and take every moment as it comes to me.  I have wonderful people surrounding me in my life and I appreciate them ALL!!


This was the last week of school and the last student day was Friday.  As many teachers know, this week is crazy.  I expected my step count to be lower this week as I am responsible for keeping an inventory, meaning I have to sit on my butt all day and scan about 11,000 books in our school library. However, chasing down missing books (ugh) and helping set up for awards day and the school talent show picked me right back up to normal.  I also made an effort not to exceed my calorie count even though it was the week of my birthday and cake would inevitably be involved(I made it every day but one).

With my birthday impending, and having decided to make a change in my lifestyle, I asked for gifts related to outdoor activities.  I received a new golf driver, a new golf bag, and the Quadlock mount I talked about in my previous blog (I also picked up the running armband).  Thanks to my family for these great gifts.  I attached the mount to my bike to check the fit and finish, but I haven't had the chance to take it out for a ride just yet. You can see how it looks in the pictures.

I can't wait to get out and use all of the wonderful new things that I received for my birthday.  I am also going to try using the Strava app as opposed to the MapMyFitness app and see which one I like better.  Obviously, taking the card into account, Mrs. Re-Dan-imation is expecting me to get out and play a little golf with those new clubs.  I only wish the hole looked this big when I putt.  It would make my short game a LOT better!!
Even Google knows it is my birthday!!
So, how did the weight loss go this week?  Well, it went pretty good considering it was the week of my birthday.  I hopped on the scale Sunday morning and found I had dropped another 1.3 lbs. putting me at a total loss of 15.8 lbs since starting this journey.  I am still heading in the right direction and I am not doing it in a way that isn't healthy.  I'm gonna keep on keeping' on.  I hope you keep reading!! Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment