Monday, May 11, 2015

Double Digits!!

Welcome back to another week of Re-Dan-imation!  I have officially surpassed 1 month since I started this journey. It's been a little more like 6 weeks since my first post, but who's counting?  This is quite a bit of dedication for me.  I often find myself starting things strong and with enthusiasm only to gradually pull back on the reigns after a short period.  The accountability of writing to all of you has kept me on track.  So....Thank you for reading.  Subscribe on the right and stay up to date with every post (nothing wrong with a little shameless self promotion).

On Monday afternoon this past week, after completing my last blog post, we had a fundraiser at our school for the Girls on the Run program.  These girls decided to put on a free blood sugar testing and asked for a freewill donation to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.  The cause is close to our hearts as a a student in our school was recently diagnosed with diabetes.   I realized I am a TERRIBLE blogger after I left the building and it occurred to me that I missed some photo opportunities while getting my blood sugar checked.  It was 76 by the way and I am completely normal!!  I know you all would have appreciated seeing me bleed on here.  I will get better at this.  I promise!

Speaking of...Picture time!  I have seen in many different blogs where people are preparing for runs and have a breakfast in the morning consisting of pancakes or a bagel topped with banana and honey.  I decided to switch this up a little and I have found my new favorite breakfast.  I use a 100% whole wheat English muffin, peanut butter, banana, and honey.  It is relatively quick.  It tastes wonderful.  And I feel full until lunch with plenty of energy.  Mrs. Re-Dan-imation even tried it and said it tasted pretty good.

As for the rest of the week, I was able to mow the grass a couple times due to the nice weather.  I also went to the brother-in-law's house and ran on the treadmill.  I have started to pick up my pace.  My mile run is still quite slow, but I have started doing some "sprints" as well to help with increasing my speed and my fat burn.  I think it is working.  Plus, my form is forced to improve when I am running at that quicker speed.

On Wednesday, it was national bike to school day.  I decided to take part since I live a short enough distance to school that I shouldn't be pouring sweat before I get in the building (and because my wife didn't think I would).  I actually decided to keep the biking theme for the day and rode to the Jaycees meeting that night.  I might not have gotten in a run that day, but my legs wouldn't tell you any different.

This week we also finished up our healthy challenge at school.  I won't find out how our team did until tomorrow, but I will make sure to let you know how we fared next week.  I think this challenge helped me to kick pop out of my diet and include a lot more fruits, vegetables, and water.  Take a look at the picture to see how you think I did this week.  

Saturday, I helped my little brother move out of his dorm room.  I expected a much harder workout during this, but I got to park too close and he only lives up one flight of stairs.  I know, what a disappointment, haha.  We also celebrated Mother's Day with my mom and got to give her the Fitbit she has been asking for.  I can't wait to see how she does!!  Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Now to the nitty gritty.  How did I fare this week?  Well, you can't say I am not consistent.  This week I again lost 1.8 lbs. bringing me to a total loss of 10.2 lbs.  That right folks, DOUBLE DIGITS!!  I won't get to add another digit to that for QUITE a while, if ever, so I will celebrate it while it lasts. Now on to the next 10 pounds with vigor.

Thank you everybody for reading.  I will see all of you again next week.  Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment