Monday, April 13, 2015

A Slow Start

This week I have been slamming myself getting ready to host a local 5K/10K for which I am the chairman.  The event is called the Spaghetti Run and is put on by the Frankfort Indiana Jaycees (of which I am a member).  I have raised all the funds and have made contact with our timers to forward them our current registrations.  But, with the amount of school responsibilities taking up my time and the wonderful rainy weather it is becoming difficult to pick up and/or complete the last few tasks which includes marking the course.

HOWEVER, the weather on Friday made a turn for fantastic!  While I was able to help a little at the Italian Buffet put on by our local Rotarians, and also the namesake for the Spaghetti Run, I was also able to run out after school to gather a few necessities and mark the course.  I made it to around midnight with a 5:50 wake up time on Saturday to begin prepping for check-in in the morning.

Everything was fantastic on Saturday!  The weather was great for the runners, albeit a little chilly at the beginning for my course attendants.  We had an extra 5-10 people sign up the day of the race.  We did have 3 people unexpectedly pull off the course without telling anybody and then walk home, but we eventually caught up with them and everyone was accounted for.  It turns out that we made enough money to keep the bills paid at our hall for a few months and help with some other projects we have coming up.  I even went to a friends house to help finish building a swing set for his kids.  THAT THING WAS HEAVY!!!  And, we were able to have a good evening sitting around the campfire with friends.  All in all, a good day.

Sunday morning was the first weigh in.  294.3.  A whopping one tenth of a pound weight loss.  However, it was a loss.  My devotion this week was lacking, I hadn't started monitoring my food intake and was yet to increase my activity level.  So, I'll take it.  Anything is better than an increase.  Next week will be better.  I guarantee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment