Monday, June 15, 2015

Along for the ride



Welcome back to the blog folks!  It has been an interesting week to say the least. If you read my last post you may remember that I was hoping to get Mrs. Re-Dan-imation back out on the Monon. I was successful in that regard. On Tuesday, she asked what I was wanting to do and mentioned the Monon so I took her up on the offer.

This time we decided that the Broad Ripple area was a good place to hop on the trail. We got parked and saddled up for a planned 10 mile relaxing ride ( upon her request). We had a great ride... Until the 9.6 mile point. She decided that this was the appropriate time for her foot to fall off the pedal. The chain reaction included her driving off the trail, getting in the gravel, and laying her bike down in the weeds just short of ending up in the ditch.

However, she is tougher than many people give her credit for. After checking out herself and her bike she said she was getting back up and riding the final 4 tenths of a mile back to the car. Honestly, she was more upset that her shoes ended up a little dirty. She was even nice enough to stop at the bridge over the white river to snap a picture.

We decided that we had definitely earned a dinner with some dessert. We went to the Broad Ripple Brewpub for dinner and then to Brics for some ice cream. If you ever go there, make sure to only order 1 scoop as the 2 scoops doesn't necessarily fit the diet. See the picture below of "2 scoops."


Now, the Mrs. Has told me that she will not let the Monon beat her and will be back on it again this season.  I will be looking forward to that because I really enjoy the rides with her. 

As for the rest of the week, I was a little lacking in my workouts, but I have been maintaining my calorie counting. After my weigh in on Sunday morning, I decided to head out in the heat and wind to go my longest distance yet of 11.4 miles. It may not have been the fastest ride, but I pushed through and got it done. I also burned 698 calories!!


So how did I do?  Well, as always, I am consistent. This week I was down another 1.7 pounds, putting me at an even 275lbs.  This also gives me a small reason to celebrate as I have now reached the weight limit on most normal sized items. This will be the last year I will buy an oversized camping chair so it won't break on me. Yay!  Thanks for everybody for reading this week. 

Until next time... Food. Feet. Water. Repeat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment