Monday, August 15, 2016

Back to School Madness

What a busy time of year!  It has been even busier this year as Mrs. Re-Dan-imation has picked up a full time position as a kindergarten teacher!!!  Most of our free time the past two weeks has been spent getting her classroom ready and buying additional materials.  Yet again, my training has taken a back seat to something that needs to be done first.  I am not complaining in the least, just stating the facts.

Why not focus a little more on what I have enjoyed helping with over the past couple weeks?  I thought it would be fun to share some pictures from decorating her classroom as well as the bulletin boards outside of my classroom.  We decorated her classroom with a beach theme as you should be able to tell from the pictures.  Also, a thank you goes out to her family and friends for helping out as well.  Many people donated things to help her or came to school to help her get things organized.

Look at all those workers!!  Even the small ones!

The whole classroom, matching bulletin board, and the trip to Once Upon a Child!
I had to do a little work to my own classroom and one of the things I tend to pride myself on is the ability to come up with clever ideas for bulletin boards.  Here are the two I started the year with.  If you don't think they are clever, well...too bad.



With all of this work, I have been eating fast food on a consistent basis.  We finally went grocery shopping this week for what seems like the first time since we have been back from the hospital.  Obviously this hasn't been good to the diet.  I'll be honest...I am starting to get a little concerned with the fact that I have another half marathon coming up in September.  I am just going to take it one day at a time.  I may just have to use this as a learning experience.  I most likely won't set a PR at the Mill Race, but I have good feeling about the Monumental Half Marathon in November.

Last week, I weighed in at 271.5 lbs.  That puts me higher than two weeks ago.  For the first time since I started this journey I forgot to get on the scale this morning before I ate breakfast.  I decided that I would much rather skip the weigh in than see an even higher number on the scale.  As always, I am not discouraged, I am just letting you all know how it is.  As we continue getting our head back into school, I am also working toward getting my body back into fitness mode.  It WILL happen.  Until next week...Food. Feet. Water. Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment